Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation delivering smart, green, safe and competitive waterborne transport | 7 February 2022 | Online
07 February 2022 - 07 February 2022
The European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD), and the STEERER project (Structuring Towards Zero Emission Waterborne Transport) are organising the workshop “Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation delivering smart, green, safe and competitive waterborne transport”, which will take place on 7 February 2022 in Brussels (Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi 155) and online.
STEERER project – aka STRUCTURING TOWARDS ZERO-EMISSION WATERBORNE TRANSPORT, aims at:
- Jointly setting emission targets towards 2050 (including targets for 2025 and 2030);
- Contributing to the update of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda of the Co-Programmed Partnership on Zero-Emission Waterborne Transport (cPP ZEWT) in the framework of Horizon Europe, to be able to reach these targets in time;
- Developing an Implementation Plan to reach the targets in due course while staying competitive and offering a valid business case;
- Developing and implementing a communication campaign, aimed at broader awareness of the waterborne transport sector and its commitment towards zero-emission transport, to become a fully sustainable mode of transport;
- Monitoring and assessing the implementation of the Strategy defined and adapting where necessary, after the project’s conclusion, by the Green Shipping Expert Group.
This workshop will present the results of seven years of investments in research and innovation towards smart, green and integrated waterborne transport, which took place in the framework of Horizon 2020. The workshop will also provide an outlook to the future in the light of the new Horizon Europe programme.
Three panels on the transformation towards zero-emission waterborne transport; competitive, connected and automated waterborne transport; and safe and secure waterborne transport, will provide presentations and discussions from the representatives of Horizon 2020 projects, the European Commission, Member States and the waterborne transport sector.
Visit the event page on the CINEA website for more information