Deadline: 6 October
Budget: 10.000.000 €
Countries: Algeria, France, Italy, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia
- Maritime Safety and security (O1/P1)
- Fisheries/ Aquaculture (O2/P2)
- Maritime skills and education (O2/P6)
- Governance, ICZM, MSP, data and monitoring (O3)
This call has the objective to support a project aiming at developing Research and Innovation (R&I) under the topic of Digitisation and advanced tools applied to the inspection and control for sustainable fisheries
Deadline to submit proposals: 30 SEPTEMBER 2021 | 17:00 (Brussels time)
In line with the European Green Deal objectives, Common Fisheries Policy, the ‘Farm to Fork’ strategy for a fair healthy and environmentally friendly food system, and the Blue Growth strategy, the successful proposal will support better fisheries management through data and technological development.
Project results are expected to contribute to some or all of the following expected outcomes:
- Advancing the digital transition for fisheries inspection and control and deliver data for fisheries science, management and monitoring in a cost-efficient way to fully achieve the objectives of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).
- Delivering innovative technological solutions such as machine learning and artificial intelligence and advance sensing technologies to support biologically complex data analysis
- Devise new monitoring and control strategies to stop illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU) and promote sustainable fisheries in the EU and globally.
- Create a new generation of jobs in the EU requiring digital and high-tech know-how applied to fisheries.
- Improve the professional skills and competences of those working and being trained to work within the blue economy.