Deadline: 23 February, 2022
Budget: € 50.000.000 EURO
Countries: Algeria, France, Italy, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Spain
- Maritime Renewable Energy
Floating offshore wind has the potential to unleash a new European industrial sector able to deliver clean and sustainable energy. Building from European technological and industrial know-how and harnessing the natural resources of the different sea basins around the European Union, namely the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, the Baltic Sea and the North-east Atlantic Ocean, there is an opportunity to leverage these conditions into technological leadership, while supporting the goal of climate neutrality.
In this context, project results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Development or significant improvement of designs that reduce both CAPEX and OPEX;
- Deployment and demonstration of advanced full-scale floating wind turbines prototypes, and auxiliary equipment, in operational environment;
- Allow development of cost-efficient scalable solutions supporting exploitation of the renewable energy offshore potential in challenging conditions, while building upon innovative designs of floating structures and auxiliary equipment;
- Contribute to LCOE reduction in line with the SET Plan targets (actions should clearly justify an estimated LCOE at project start and end).
More information: funding and tenders section of the ec.europa.eu website