Deadline: 26 April, 2022
Budget: € 15.000.000 EURO
Countries: Algeria, France, Italy, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Tunisia, Spain
- Shipping and ports (O2/P2)
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute concretely to the following expected outcomes as marked (“*”) whilst supporting the overall medium and longer term objectives:
- Contributions to at least two full scale on-board demonstrators for two different electrical energy storage solutions by 2027.
- Improve efficiency and make waterborne transport climate neutral through the exploitation of new innovative electrical storage systems.
- In the medium term, upscaling of proven solutions for a broad range of ship types (e.g. IWT, ferries, short sea shipping) and operational scenarios, as an alternative to batteries.
- Ensuring European leadership for energy storage solutions based on different technologies that will be fit-for-purpose for diverse waterborne applications.
- *Achieve a comprehensive understanding of potential innovative energy storage systems other than batteries and their applicability to waterborne transport.
- *Solutions to improve energy efficiency and make waterborne transport climate neutral founded upon innovative energy storage.
- *Comprehensive assessment of the technical feasibility and adequacy of innovative energy storage for a range of waterborne operations including efficiency, safety, cost competitiveness compared to batteries, skills requirements, and regulatory aspects.
For more information, visit the call page here