Deadline: 26 April, 2022
Budget: € 25.000.000 EURO
Countries: Algeria, France, Italy, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Tunisia, Libya
- Shipping and ports (O2/P2)
Project outputs and results are expected to contribute concretely to the following expected outcomes as marked (“*”) whilst supporting the overall medium and longer term objectives:
- Accelerated achievement of climate neutrality of waterborne transport through retrofit modifications to the existing fleet.
- Ensuring cost effective solutions for retrofitting existing ships, thus supporting ship owners in the process of making the European fleet more environmentally friendly.
- Business models, industry standards, regulatory approvals, best practice guidance, and easy-to-customise strategies for retrofitting removing the commercial risk of deployment.
- Increased competitiveness of European shipyards, repair yards, and European marine equipment providers within the domain of green shipping technology.
- *Demonstrated retrofitting solutions for sea-going and inland navigation vessels in operation.
- *Retrofit solutions to reduce GHG emissions that are developed and ready to deploy. The target is to achieve a GHG emissions reduction of at least 35% compared to the original design.
- *Retrofit solutions involving climate neutral fuels making vessels GHG emission free. These solutions are expected to have a significant R&I content going beyond a simple exchange of fuels through minor technical adaptations.
- *Establishment of an up-to-date catalogue of suitable solutions for a wide variety of ship types and operation scenarios.
For more information, please see here.